By: Rose O’Brien
Walk designed by Greg Endicott.
The ‘Pilly to ‘Pilly walk includes riverside parkland, impressive apartment buildings at the State Tennis Centre, and beautiful houses on quiet, leafy streets.
Start: Yeerongpilly Station.
- From the station cross Fairfield Rd and turn right.
- Walk upstream, crossing Ken Fletcher Park and stopping to look at relics of the old Tennyson Powerhouse.
- At the roundabout turn left, then right on Myla Tce, which becomes Lancelot St.
- Continue to Vivian St and turn right.
- Back on King Arthur Tce, turn left. (An alternative is to stay on King Arthur Tce from the roundabout, admiring some spectacular houses along the river.)
- Cross Oxley Creek on Pamphlett Bridge, then use the underpass to cross the road to the riverside parkland.
- Pass Simpsons Playground (known to local children as the Boat Park.)
- Admire the bronze canoe in the park, complete with fish, crab and dilly bag, and read its plaque for the story.
- Continue through the park then along Hargreave Ave to Queenscroft St and follow it to Luxford St. Turn right to Roseberry Tce and follow it to the left.
- Cross Wharf St to join the cycle path leading to the foot and cycle bridge which goes across the river to Indooroopilly.
- Follow the path to Indooroopilly Station.