By: Rose O’Brien
Distance: 11km (approx.)
This beautiful walk starts on the north-eastern slopes of Mt Coot-tha and follows tree-lined Ithaca Creek down rocky gullies to meet Enoggera Creek, flowing through parkland and cosy suburbs to Breakfast Creek at Herston. Enjoy shady pathways, huge old camphor laurels and fig trees, interesting and quirky houses and gardens and the calls of pheasant coucals, fig birds and curlews.
- Start at Carwoola St, Bardon, at the terminus of bus route 375.
- Enter the Ithaca Creek Bikeway and walk down through Purtell Park, then along Loward Ave/Morgan Tce.
- Cross Simpsons Rd and walk down through Bowman Park.
- Cross Ithaca Ck, turn right past the Health Club and make your way along the creek to join the bikeway under Coopers Camp Rd at West Ashgrove.
- Follow the path along the creek to Fletcher Pde and Jubilee Tce.
- Go under Jubilee Tce and down the creek, under Fulcher Rd and through Gilbert Park past the Broncos Clubhouse and training fields then through Woolcock Pk at Red Hill.
- Go under Waterworks Rd, continue down the bikeway to Glenrosa St.
- Turn right, then left on Praed St to Bancroft Park and under Kelvin Grove Rd.
- Follow the bikeway down the creek to the Downey St footbridge at Herston.
- Cross to Butterfield St, turn left to Bowen Bridge Rd.
- Turn right to the RBWH bus station.