By: Rose O’Brien
This walk starts at the most southerly station on the Southern Busway, Eight Mile Plains. It follows the bushland curves of Bulimba Creek before looping west to go under the motorway and through the quiet streets of Eight Mile Plains and Macgregor, ending at Garden City Bus Station.
- Start at the Eight Mile Plains Bus Station.
- Walk through the carpark, bearing right to follow the path to the crossing for Miles Platting Road. Cross the road and take the footpath to the left, to Holmead Rd.
- Walk up Holmead Rd and turn right down the bikeway/walking track to Bulimba Creek.
- Follow the track along the creek for about 2.5 kms, walking through Maisie Dixon Park, with its pine trees, to Jorgensen Bridge. Cross over and follow the creek along the north bank for another 1km before crossing once again to rejoin Holmead Rd at Holmead Park.
- Turn right on Holmead Rd and cross it at the lights. Cross the motorway on-ramp and follow Logan Rd under the motorway.
- Cross Logan Rd to Warrigal Rd. Follow Warrigal Rd up the hill and round to the left to Bleasby Rd.
- Turn right and follow quiet Bleasby Rd about 500m, past some spectacular estate-style houses. At the end of the road, take the walking track to once again cross Bulimba Creek.
- Turn right on Turnmill St, then left on Swanfield St.
- Follow Swanfield St up hill for about 500m then turn left on Doone St.
- Turn right on Dando St, cross Endsleigh St and take the motorway overpass to Upper Mt Gravatt Bus Station.